Potatoes /Uralakkizhangu : 4 (large)
Onion : 1 (large,chopped)
Green chillies : 5 or according to your spice level (chopped)
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Urad dal : 1 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Channa dal : 1 tsp
Fresh lime juice : 2 tsp (optional)
Oil : 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Wash the potatoes and cut them into four pieces and boil the potatoes. (I do it in a microwave for 6-8 minutes in baked potatoes)
2. Remove the skin and mash it gently with your hand or the back of a spoon.(Don’t make it smooth)
3. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,when the mustard seeds pop, add channa dal and urad dal, turmeric powder,curry leaves and sauté for a minute.
4. Add chopped onion,chopped green chillies and saute till it turns to translucent.
5. Now add salt and the mashed potato and mix well. Cover and cook in medium flame for about a minute.
6. Optional – Just before serving, sprinkle over the lime juice…Serve hot with steamed rice and Rasam and Enjoy!
Click here for more Vegeterian Side Dishes