Hard Boiled Eggs : 5 nos
Potato : 1 (medium,)
Grated Coconut : 2 cups
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Small Red Onion /Shallots : 2 nos
Red Chilly Powder : 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
Green chillies : 3-4 nos (slit lengthwise)
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Coconut Oil : 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
How to make Egg – Mutta Aviyal | Kerala Style Egg Aviyal :
1. Boil the eggs, deshell and cut each hard boiled egg into 4 pieces length-wise.
2. Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and cut into long pieces (shaped like french fries)
3. In a blender, grind grated coconut, cumin seeds, small red onion, chilly powder, turmeric powder and enough water to make a smooth paste.
4. Pour the ground mixture into a pan, add curry leaves, green chillies,salt add little water on medium heat.
5. Now add the egg and potato pieces and mix carefully (Note : Take care not to break the egg pieces).
6. Cook on medium-low, stirring carefully occasionally till the gravy has reduced to a thick consistency.
7. Turn off the flame. Drizzle coconut oil over the curry and keep covered…Serve hot with rice or Appams, Noolappam /String Hopper and Enjoy!
Click here for more Egg Recipes.
Good Day All!