Kozhi/Chicken bone piece : 100 grms
Small onion/Shallots/Kunjulli : 10-15 nos (finely chopped)
Tomato /Thakali : 1 big (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder /Manjalpodi : 1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder /Mulakupodi : 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds /Jeeraka podi : 1/2 tsp
Coconut oil : 3 tsp
Water : 5 cups
Curry leaves /Kariveppilla : 1 sprig
Cilantro /Coriander leaves /Malli ella : 1 sprig
Salt for taste
To Grind for Rasam Powder :
Small red onions /Shallots /Kunjulli : 4-5 nos
Garlic /Veluthulli : 4 pods
Black pepper corns : 1 tsp
Cumin seeds /Jeerakam : 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds /Perumjeerakam : 1/2 tsp
Corainder seeds /Kothamalli : 1 tsp
Dried red chilles /Varamulaku : 2-3 nos
How to make Nadan Kozhi-Chicken Rasam – Chettinad Kozhi Rasam:
1. Boil the chicken bone pieces with the chopped onion, chopped tomatoes and red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt adding 5 cups of water and bring to boil till it reduce to 3 cups.
2. Grind the above ingredients mentioned to grind without adding water and keep it aside.
3. Heat the oil in the kadai and add cumin seeds and when its starts to splutter add curry leaves and sauté for a minute.
4. Add the boiled chicken rasam in kadai and add grounded rasam powder,adjust the salt and bring to boil.
5. Garnish with cilantro /coriander leaves…Serve and Enjoy!