Spinach /Palak : 1 (large bunch)
Tomato : 1 no (small)
Paneer Cubes : 15 one inch cubes
Garlic Paste : 1/2 tsp
Ginger Paste : 1/2 tsp
Cumin/Jeera powder : 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder : ¼ tsp
Cilantro /Coriander leaves : 2 sprigs
Green Chillies : 3 nos
Onions : 1/2 cup (finely Chopped)
Salt to taste
Butter : 2 tbsp
How to make Palak Paneer | Sag Paneer :
1. Heat water in a pan and drop in the tomato,Let the tomato cook in the water till the skin cracks ,take it out and keep aside to cool.
2. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan and add green chilies and sauté for a minute, now add the spinach and stir, wait till the spinach has completely wilted then keep aside to cool.
3. Heat a little butter in a skillet and fry the paneer cubes till light brown. (Optional)
4. Once the tomato and the spinach have cooled down, puree these along with 2 sprigs of cilantro leaves in a blender to make a smooth paste. Add a little water if needed.
5. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan and add chopped onions and sauté till onion turns translucent.
6. Now add ginger and garlic paste and mix well and cook for half a minute.
7. Add cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix well and cook for a minute to let the spices roast well.
8. Add the spinach-tomato-cilantro puree, turmeric powder, salt and a little water and mix well. Cook covered for 4 to 5 minutes on low heat.
9. Now add the paneer cubes (fried or not) and mix carefully. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes till you get a thick gravy.
10. Serve hot with chapati or with paratta or any roti varities, etc…Enjoy!
- Add 1/2 cup of roasted, powdered cashews along with the paneer cubes for an added rich taste.
Check here for more Veg Gravies and Curries.