Do try and Enjoy this simple and delicious curry !
Recipe for Moru Curry /Moru Kachiyathu /Seasoned Butter Milk
Buttermilk /Beaten Sour Curd : 500 ml /1/2 lb (room temperature)
Ginger : 2 tsp (finely, chopped)
Shallots/Small onion : 2 nos (chopped)
Green chili : 3-4 or to taste (chopped)
Dry red chili : 2 nos
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Mustard : 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek : 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves : 1-2 sprig
Salt to taste
Coconut Oil /Cooking Oil : 1 tbsp or to temper the ingredients
Method of Preparation:
1. Mix the curd well to make it smooth. If you want add water as much you want.
2. Add water a little at a time blending it to keep it smooth
3. Heat oil in a pan & splutter mustard & fenugreek seeds.
4. Add dry red chili, chopped small onion, green chillies, chopped ginger, curry leaves, saute it for a minute.
5. Add turmeric powder & salt.Mix well.
6. Add buttermilk or well beaten sour curd and mix well.
7. Keep it on medium-low heat with continuous stirring till the mix foams up and rises again (Note : But never to the point of boiling) if it boils the whole dish is ruined ,it has to be carefully done. It will take around 5-7 minutes.
8. Removing from fire, stir for a few more minutes.Serve with rice and Enjoy!
- Use sour curd to get the right taste. It can be refrigerated for 3 days.
- The buttermilk should be at room temperature, otherwise it may curdle.
- To avoid curdling keep stirring continuously in one direction.
Good Day All!