Learn how to prepare quick and easy sausage shrimp fried rice for guests or for yourselves.Kids love these and it’s a great way to use leftover rice.
How to make Sausage Shrimp Fried Rice :
- Basmati Rice /Long Grain Rice : 2 cups (see notes)
- Chicken Franks /Sausage : 1 cup (diced)
- Cooked Prawns/Shrimp : 12 pieces or more (peeled and deveined)
- Chinese Broccoli /Gai lan : ¼ cup (or substitute with green beans)
- Carrot : 1 large (diced)
- Eggs : 2 nos (scrambled)
- Soy sauce : 2 tbsp
- Garlic : 2 cloves (minced)
- Spring onion :1 stack
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Olive oil/Vegetable oil :1 tbsp
- Clean and soak the rice for about 20 minutes. Drain the water and boil the rice with water and a pinch of salt and cook until almost done. Rice gets cooked in its own steam when left covered. So it is best to leave it slightly uncooked. When the rice is cooked, drain the water, add some cold water to it. Again drain it and keep aside. (Note : Do not overcook it. Best using leftover rice, or day old rice(or) steam and cook the rice two hours before you cook fried rice)
- Chop the carrot, spring onion into small dices; separate the green color part for garnishing and mince garlic.
- Slice chicken sausages into small pieces.
- Heat a pan/wok on medium heat drizzle a bit of oil, scramble three eggs, transfer it to a bowl and set aside.
- Add a little more oil again on the same pan and add diced white color part of spring onion, minced garlic,sliced sausage and shrimp, saute until the shrimp turns to pink and the sausage is cooked,add salt to taste and stir-fry thoroughly.
- Add the cooked rice and chinese broccoli/gai lan,diced carrot and stir-fry thoroughly until the vegetable is tender crisp. At this point, add soy sauce.
- Add the scrambled eggs stir quickly until all ingredients mix together, and remove from heat.
- Garnish with green color of spring onion and coriander leaves.
Secret to good results in fried rice is using leftover rice, or day old rice.
I suggest using leftover rice or day old rice (or) steam and cook the rice two hours before you cook fried rice. Using leftover rice prevents the rice from sticking or becoming soggy.
Be generous in adding olive oil.You can add other veggies or meat into the dish too.
Do try this easy Sausage Shrimp Fried Rice! And don’t forget to let me know your opinion if you liked it or if you have any suggestions to make it better. Enjoy!
Like this Recipe? Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.