Today morning, I just went into my small garden and saw ripe tomatoes waiting to be plucked. And yes, I was too excited about our home-grown tomatoes, but we had only few. So with those tomatoes I thought of making my kids favorite chutney.
Tomato chutney is an effortless and tasty dish. Back home, this is a very basic and common chutney we make. When you are in a dilemma about making chutney’s, this is an easy one to fall back. This chutney paris well with idli, dosa and even it taste great with bread…Do try and Enjoy!
Recipe for Thakalli Chutney /Tomato Chutney
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Serves : 3
Tomatoes : 2 (large, ripe and firm but not over ripe)
Onion : 1 (medium)
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies : 2-3 nos
Dry Red Chillies : 2 nos (broken)
Asafoetida Powder : a pinch
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves : 1 spirg
Salt to taste
Oil : 21/2 tsp
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add a tsp of cumin seeds, green chillies and saute for a minute.
2. Add chopped Onion,sliced tomatoes and saute till they turn soft. Turn off heat and cool.
3. Grind the sauteed tomatoes and onion with salt to a smooth paste without water.
4. Heat half tsp of oil in a pan, add a half a tsp of mustard seeds and let them splutter.
5. Add a dry red chilli, few curry leaves and pinch of asafoetida and turn off heat.
Check here for more Chutney/Chammanthi recipes.
Good Day All!
Good Day All!