Ripe tomatoes : 4-5 nos (finely chopped)
Onion : 1 no (finely, chopped)
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Olive oil : 1 tbsp
Curry leaves : 1 sprig (chopped)
Coriander leaves : 3 tbsp for garnishing.
Salt to taste
Garlic : 3 cloves
Ginger : 1 inch piece
Roasted channa dal/Pottu kadalai : 1 tbsp
Poppy seeds/khuskhus : 1 tsp
Grated Coconut : 1/4 cup
Cashew nuts : 10 nos
Cinnamon : 1 small piece
Clove : 1
Fennel seeds : 1/2 tsp
Green chillies : 2 nos (or according to your spice level)
Method of Preparation :
1. Grind all wet masala ingredients using some water and a pinch of salt to a smooth paste.
2. Heat oil in a sauce pan and add the onions and curry leaves. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes,When the tomatoes are done, add the turmeric powder, ground masala and adjust salt.
4. Add about 2 cups of water and cover the sauce pan,simmer for about 10-20 mins.
5. Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot with hot Dosas or Idlis...Enjoy!