Unsalted butter : 1 cup /2 sticks
Salt : 11/2 tsp
Vanilla extract : 2 tsp
Baking powder : 1 tbsp
Brown sugar : 1/4 cup
Sugar : 11/2 cups
Eggs : 3 large
Unbleached All-Purpose Flour : 41/2 cups
Milk : 1 cup
chocolate chips : 2 cups (crushed)
Method of Preparation :
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, salt, vanilla, baking powder, and white and brown sugar.
2. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add the flour to the wet ingredients alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Do this gently; stir very well until dough is very thick and hard to stir.
4. Stir in the crushed chocolate chips at the end.
5. Hand roll dough into 2 inch balls and place on pan.
6. Take a dinner fork and dip into a cup of water then press into dough balls. Press anyway you like as long as you don’t press all way through the dough.
7. Leave 2 to 2 1/2 inches between each cookie, for expansion.
8. Bake at 350° F for 12-14 minutes, until the cookies begin show a light golden brown color.
9. Cool them on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely and store them in air tight container. Serve and Enjoy!
For more Cookies recipes click here