Do you use Biryani Masala Powder in Biryani? if yes, what do you use store-bought or homemade?
Biryani is one of the most favorite dish for many people and it is one of the most popular post in this humble space. Most of my biryani recipes call for biryani masala powder, so today am gonna discuss about how to make this aromatic powder at home using whole spices, this will definitely come handy when preparing biryani.
How to make Biryani Masala Powder Recipe – Homemade Biryani Masala
- Cinnamon sticks /Karopatta : 3 big long 1"pieces
- Green Cardamom : 6-8 pods
- Black Cardamom : 2 pods
- Cloves /Karambu : 8-10 nos
- Shajeera /Caraway seeds : 1½ tsp
- Fennel seeds/Perinjeerakam/Sombu : 1½ tsp
- Bay Leaves : 1
- Star Anise : 2
- Nutmeg /Jathika : ½ or grated nutmeg : ½ tsp
- Mace /Jathipathri : 6
- Dry roast the spices each seperately on low flame and allow them to cool.
- Mix everything together and grind to fine powder; sieve and store in a dry clean airtight container.
Roasting are done to bring out the aroma of the spices and to prevent the masala powder from getting spoil.
You can prepare this in bulk and store, but fresh masala taste too good.
If you haven’t tried adding biryani masala powder in biryani’s then do try it and find out what all the fuss is about! Don’t forget to let me know your opinion.
Like this Recipe? Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.RECOMMENDED RECIPES!