Mango Rice Recipe | Maanga Sadham Recipe | Mamidikaya Pulihora Recipe
Rice : 1 cup
Raw mango : 1 cup (grated)
Grated Coconut : 1/4 cup
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds : 11/2 tsp
Asafoetida powder : 1/2 tsp
Dried Red chillies : 2-3
Salt to taste
For Tempering :
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Yellow split peas : 1 tsp
Peanuts : 1/4 cup
Red chilly : 2 nos
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Oil : 2 tbsp
How to make Mango Rice | Maanga Sadham | Mamidikaya Pulihora:
1. Cook the rice with enough salt until the rice is done yet firm. If your cooking rice in pressure cooker,cook for 1 whistle and once pressure settles, spread out the rice on a plate and let it cool without clumping.Cook the rice and set aside.
2. In a blender, add mustard seeds,asafoetida powder,red chillies,3/4 cup grated raw mango,grated coconut and turmeric powder and blend into a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds,when they starts to splutter add yellow split peas,red chilly and a few curry leaves and saute for a minute.
4. Add peanuts,remaining cup grated raw mango and saute for couple of minutes or until the mango is cooked.
5. Add the mango coconut paste,salt to taste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
6. Reduce the heat to low flame,stir in the rice little by little,until well mixed. Serve warm with pappads and pickle…Enjoy!
Check here for more Rice recipes.