Carrot/Potato/Beans : 1 cup (Cubed & boiled)
Fennel Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon Stick : 1″ piece
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Shallots : 1/2 cup (sliced)
Tomato : 1 nos (chopped)
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder : 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
Grated Coconut : 3 tbsp
Oil : 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation :
1. Boil the veggies with salt and drain the excess water and keep it aside.
2. Grind the grated coconut to coarse paste and set it aside.
3. Heat oil in the pan on medium heat,add fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, curry leaves and fry for a couple of minutes, now add sliced shallots; saute till it turns to translucent.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes turns to soft and mushy.
5. Add turmeric,coriander,redchilli powders and saute till the raw smell goes.
6. Add the coconut paste and 1/4 cup of water; saute well untill the oil separates from the sides.
7. Add boiled veggies and mix everything together well.
8. Serve hot with any Indian Bread or with rice.
Check here for more Vegetarian Side Dishes.