Cauliflower : 1/2 medium (cut into bite-size florets).
Oil for deep frying
For the Batter:
All-Purpose Flour /Maida : 6 tbsp
Corn Starch : 4 tbsp
Black Pepper : 1/4 tsp or to taste
Water to make batter
Salt to taste
Water as needed
For the Sauce:
Peanut oil :1 tbsp
Onion : 1 (medium, chopped finely)
Green Chilies Sauce : 1/2 tsp
Garlic : 3 cloves, (chopped, finely)
Ginger : 1/2″ pieces (grated)
Sweet and Sour Tomato Ketchup : 2 tbsp
Red Chili Sauce : 2 tbsp
Soy Sauce : 4 tsp
White Vinegar : 2 tsp
Corn Starch : 2 tsp (mixed in little cold water)
Spring Onions : 2 stalks, (cut diagonally for garnishing)
How to make Gobi Manchurian – Dry version:
1. Mix all-purpose flour,corn starch,salt,black pepper with little water without no lumps.( Note : Consistency like bajji batter).
2. Dip cauliflower pieces well with batter and deep fry until cauliflower is a medium dark brown color,remove and drain the excess oil on a paper towel. Finish frying all of the cauliflower.
3. Heat oil in pan, add chopped onions, grated garlic, chopped ginger and cook until they are translucent.
4. Add ketchup, green chilli sauce, red chill sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, mix well and cook until oil starts to separate from mixture.
5. Mix corn starch with little water and add it to the sauce and cook for a minute until sauce starts to thicken.
6. Add the fried cauliflower with the sauce and mix well so that sauce coats well with cauliflower completely.
7. Garnish with spring onion and Serve hot and enjoy!
Check here for more Starter recipes.
My friend Priyahas passed me this Beautiful Thank u award on occasion of her 100th post..Thanx a lot Priya.