Besan flour/Kadalamavu : 2 cups
Rice flour : 2 cups
Butter : 2 tbsp
Omam/Ajwain : 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves : 2 sprig (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Method of Preparations:
1. Sieve both besan and rice flour and mix together in a wide vessel.
2. Dry roast ajwain/omam & powder it and add to the flour,add butter and salt and mix by hand.
3. Add water little by little and make a soft dough.
4. Heat oil in the kadai,when its medium pot,Take small quantity of dough and put it in the sev press and squeeze it in circular motion directly to the hot oil.
5. Fry till it becomes crispy and light golden yellow; drain the excess oil on kitchen towel.
6. Fry curry leaves and mix it with omapodi. Cool and store it in a airtight container and Enjoy!
Check here for more Snacks recipes.