Cabbage needs no introduction…but thoran needs it. Thoran is stir fry-dry curry from Kerala. Cabbage Thoran is a usual visitor in Kerala’s regular meal and it’s as part of the Kerala Sadya menu served along with other dishes.
Other Thoran Recipes You Might Like :
Cabbage Thoran Recipe – Cabbage Stir Fry Recipe -How to make Cabbage Thoran
- Cabbage : ½ of one medium sized cabbage (shredded or finely chopped)
- Small Red Onions /Shallots or Onion /Savola : ¼ cup (small size, chopped)
- Grated Coconut : ½ cup
- Garlic : 2-3 pods (finely chopped)
- Cumin : ¼ tsp
- Green Chillies : 3-4 (slit lengthwise)
- Turmeric Powder : a pinch
- Mustard Seeds : ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves : a sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Using your hands mix grated coconut with turmeric powder,shallots,cumin seeds,garlic or you can just pulse 1 time everything together coarsely in blender.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and when it starts to splutter; add curry leaves, slit green chilies and saute for a minute.
- Add the shredded cabbage and saute and close and cook for a minute.
- Add the coconut mixture and mix everything together.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat,stirring occasionally; After 5 minutes remove the lid and stir fry for another 5 minutes.
Try this Kerala style Cabbage Thoran – Cabbage stir fry with coconut friends and hope you all love it too…
Like this Recipe? Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.