For Marinating Prawns/Shrimp :
Prawns : 1.1 lb /1/2 kg (deshelled, devined and washed)
Red chilly powder : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
For Prawn/Shrimp Masala :
Onion : 1 (medium,thinly sliced)
Shallots/Pearl Onions : 10-15 (sliced)
Curry leaves : 1-2 sprig
Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
Tomato : 1 (medium, finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Oil : 1 tbsp
For Grinding :
Grated Coconut : 1 tbsp
Green chillies : 8-10 or to your spice level
Ginger : 1″ pieces
Garlic : 5 cloves (big)
Corainder Seeds : 1 tsp
Pepper Corn : 1/2-1 tsp or to your spice level
Dry Red chilli : 2-3 nos
Method of Preparation :
1. Clean the prawns and make a wet marinate with above mentioned marinate ingredients; apply it on prawns and keep it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
2. Heat the little oil in pan and add all the above mentioned grinding ingredients and saute till coconut turns to golden brown in colour.
3. Remove from the fire and allow it to cool and blend to a paste with the minimum amount of water.
4. Heat a oil in the frying pan and shallow fry the marinated prawns; drain the excess oil in the paper towel and keep it aside.
5. In same oil splutter cumin seeds,curry leaves and thinly sliced onion,sliced shallots and saute until it is translucent.
6. Add red chilli,turmeric powder,salt to taste and combine well until the raw smell is gone.
7. Add the chopped tomatoes and saute till it turns to soft and now add the ground masala paste and saute till they start to leave the sides. (about 8-10 minutes)
8. Add fried prawns/shrimp and mix till they are coated well; add little water and adjust the salt.
9. Cover and cook on low flame for about 5 mins and mix well till almost all water content goes.
10. Serve hot with rice or any Indian Breads.
For other seafood recipes check here