Bitter gourd : 2 nos /250 grms (medium sized)
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Garlic : 5-8 cloves (crushed)
Shallots /Small Red Onions : 6-8 nos (thinly sliced)
Crushed Red Chilli Flakes : 11/2 tsp or according to ur tolerance
Curry Leaves :1 sprig
Salt to taste
Coconut Oil : 11/2 tbsp
How to make Pavakka-Kaipakka Mezhukkupuratti/Bitter Gourd Stir Fry :
1. Slice the bitter gourd into half length wise as thin as you can get.
2. In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil and add sliced shallots,crushed garlic, curry leaves and saute till light brown in color.
3. Add crushed red chilli flakes, turmeric powder, salt and mix.
4. Add sliced bitter gourd and combine well with the masala.
5. Reduce heat to a very low fire and cover and cook the bitter gourd (give a stir in between).
6. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp of oil and fry till light brown in colour.
7. Yummy Pavakka /Kaypakka Mezhukkupuratti is ready to serve. Serve with rice as side dish.
Check here for more Vegetarian Side Dishes