Muringakka / Drumstick : 2 nos (cut into lengthwise)
Turmeric Powder : a pinch
Salt to taste
For Grinding :
Grated coconut : 1 cup
Shallots/Small Onions : 4-5
Ginger : 1/2″ piece
Garlic : 2cloves
Fennel Seeds : 1/4 tsp
Green chilly : 2-4 nos
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves : 1 stalk
Method of Preparation :
1. Cook the drumstick pieces,salt and turmeric powder with 1cup of water; Remove from heat when cooked half-way.
2. Coarse grind the grinding ingredients mentioned above.
3. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
4. Add the coconut mixture,add half-cooked drumstick pods along with water remaining in it.
5. Adjust the salt and cook until drumstick pods are tender and dry; keep stirring carefully.
6. Serve hot as side dish with rice and Enjoy!
Drumstick Pods can be cooked by adding them directly into pan after spluttering mustard seeds and adding coconut-mixture.Take care while adding water as not to break pods and end up in a messy dish.
Check here for more Stir fry Recipes.
Have a good day!