Kallumayakaya – Kadukka Varattiyathu -Mussels Fry- Kerala Style
Preparation Time : 20 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
Serves : 4-6
Fresh Mussel /Kallumayakaya /Kadukka : 1 kg /2.2 lb
How to make Fresh Homemade Garam Masala :
1. Dry roast all the ingredients listed above for “To Make Fresh Garam Masala” and grind to fine powder and keep it aside. (Note : You can prepare this in bulk and store, but fresh masala taste too good or use store bought garam masala.)
How to Kallumakkaya Varattiyathu – Kadukka Varattiyathu | Mussels Fry – Kerala Style :
5. Add the thinly sliced onions and sauté till it turns to till turns to translucent and light golden brown.
6. Now add the chopped tomato, green chillies & curry leaves and sauté for a while.
7. Reduce the fire to medium and add all the spice powder and sauté till raw smell goes (Note : make sure not to burn the spices)
8. Add the cooked mussels and stir fry till it turns to brown & crispy,adjust the salt & spice powders.
9. Serve hot with Parota Steamed rice or any Indian Bread.