Recipe for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 30 cookies.
All-purpose flour : 1 cups
Butter : 1/2 cup at room temperature
Baking soda : 1/2 tsp
Baking powder : 1/2 tsp
Peanut Butter : 1/2 cup
Granulated Sugar : 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar : 1/2 cup (firmly packed)
Eggs : 1 large
Milk : 1 tbsp
Vanilla extract : 11/2 tsp
Chocolate chips : 1 cup (about 6-oz.)
Salt : 1/4 tsp
Method of Preparation :
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter and the sugars until mixture is light in color.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Either by hand or with the mixer on low speed, gradually beat the flour in to the sugar mixture until just incorporated.
8. Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you chill the dough for about 30 minutes before baking, you will have a slightly puffier cookie
- You can substitute raisins for the chocolate chips and can add up to 1 cups chopped nuts in addition to raisins or chocolate chips.