Lately when was preparing cabbage thoran, the idea of a thoran with broccoli struck me. So I stared at the broccoli and thought about why the cabbage thoran recipe wouldn’t work with broccoli instead, I’m so glad i tried them, they taste SO good!
Simple, simple, simple – my family goes mad for them…If you haven’t tried yet, do give try and I’m sure you will be hoocked!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4
Broccoli : 1
Grated Coconut : 1/2 cup
Onion : 1 medium, (finely, chopped)
Garlic : 3 cloves (crushed)
Green chilli : 2 (slit)
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves : few
Oil : 2 tsp
Salt to taste
How to make Broccoli Thoran – Stir Fry:
1. Wash and cut the broccoli into small florets .
2. Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard, add curry leaves, crushed garlic, chopped onion, green chillies and saute till the onion turns to transulcent.
3. Add broccoli, turmeric powder, salt to taste and sprinkle 3 tbsp of water.
4. Cover and cook it on low heat until the broccoli is cooked, stir in between; add grated coconut and combine well. Serve hot with rice or chapathi.
- You don’t have to use the bigger chunky florets, if you prefer small
pieces,then by using a chopper/food processor, finely chop the
- You don’t prefer adding garlic, then skip it.
Check here for more Broccoli recipes.