Pazham pori – Plantain fritters is made out of a special variety of plantain called “Nendrapazham” which is highly nutritious and good source of potassium and vitamins A & C.
Rice flour : 3 tbsp
Milk : 2 tsp
Turmeric powder : a pinch
Sugar : 2 tsp (adjust accordingly to the sweetness of plantain)
Salt : a pinch (just to adjust the sweetness)
Cardamom : 2 pods (Crushed , optional)
Baking Powder : a pinch (optional)
Oil for frying
How to make Pazham Pori | Ethakka Appam | Ripe Plantain Fritters:
1. Peel the banana skin and cut into two.Take one potion and cut into thin slices lengthwise. (3-4 pieces)
2. Mix the remaining ingredients except oil together with enough water and make it into a smooth batter. (Note : The batter should be in a medium thick consistency, care should be taken not to form lumps)
3. Now heat a shallow frying pan and pour oil.
4. Dip the banana pieces thoroughly in the batter and slowly arrange them to frying pan.
5. Fry the banana and turn it over till crisp and golden brown color and drain in paper towels.
Ethakka /Kaya /Nurukku Upperi /Kerala Style Quartered Banana Chips
Ethakka Upperi /Raw Banana Chips
Sarkara Varatti /Sarkara Upperi /Jaggery Coated Banana Chips
Pazham Nirachathu / Stuffed Banana
Unnakkaya /Kaayada/Vayakkada – Malabar Special
Nenthra Pazham Pradhaman /Banana Payasam
Nenthra Pazham Halwa / Banana Halwa