A cinnamon roll is popular in North America and Europe. Cinnamon rolls are treats that can be made for breakfast, dessert or snack time. It has been a favorite of mine ever since discovering it and I have been wanting to make cinnamon rolls from the scratch, I was finally able to make them and they turned out wonderfully.
Makes 30 medium size rolls
Vegetable Oil : 1/2 cup
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Active Dry Yeast : 1 packet / 1 tbsp
All-purpose Flour : 4 cups + 1/2 cup separated
Baking Powder : 1/2 tsp (heaping)
Baking Soda : 1/2 tsp (scant)
Salt : 1/2 Tbsp (heaping)
Melted Butter : 1 cup
Sugar : 3/4 cups
Generous Sprinkling of Cinnamon
Vanilla extract : 1 1/2 teaspoons
Heavy cream : 1/4 cup
How to make Cinnamon Rolls-Buns :
1. Mix the milk, vegetable oil and sugar in a pan. Scald the mixture to150 degrees or heat until just before the boiling point. Turn off heat and let it cool for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5. When ready to prepare rolls: Sprinkle rolling surface generously with flour.
10. Spread 1 tablespoon of melted butter in a baking pan.
12. Repeat this process with the other half of the dough. Spray a piece of plastic wrap with baking spray and cover the bowl. Then lay a towel over the plastic wrap. Set a bowl aside, let the rolls rise for 20- 30 minutes.
1. Add sugar to bowl and stir in heavy cream and vanilla until mixture resembles a thick batter.
2. Add milk one tablespoon at a time, stirring until smooth – about 3-5 full minutes.
3. Mixture may look lumpy at first but just continue to stir and it will come together.
4. Generously drizzle frosting over warm rolls after they come out of the oven.
- You can also use self rising flour instead of all purpose flour. If using self rising don’t forget to omit the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Self rising flour already has all those ingredients added.
Click here for more Breads Recipes.
Once Again Happy New Year All!