This nice creamy soup has a fresh mint flavor and its packed with vitamins and minerals. I made it up by putting together several recipes I found on the internet. Hope you all will enjoy making this soup as much as we did.
Broccoli Mint Soup Recipe :
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time ; 15 mins
Serves : 4
Fresh Mint : 1 tbsp (roughly chopped)
Water or Vegetable Stock : 4 cups
Onion : 1 medium, (sliced)
Plain Yogurt : 3 tbsp
Garam Masala : 1/4 tsp (optional)
Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
Pinch of Dried Basil leaves
Salt to taste
How to make Broccoli Mint Soup :
1. Mix together the yogurt, garam masala and keep it aside.
2. Pour the olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic and cook until translucent for about 3 minutes, when its is done,
3. Add broccoli and little salt along with 2 cups of vegetable stock or water; cover and cook it for 3 minutes or until the broccoli starts to soft (Note : Don’t over cook it), remove from the fire and let it cool.
4. Transfer the above to blender or to food processor, add yogurt mixture and puree for 1-2 minutes. (Note : You might find that the soup is too thick at this point you can add a bit of butter milk or water or a little more stock to thin it out. )
5. Add mint leaves and continue to blend until smooth.
6. Return soup to the pot and bring to a simmer; sprinkle dried basil leaves, taste and season with salt and pepper,
7. Garnish with fresh mint leaves..Serve and Enjoy!!
Variations : You can substitute yogurt with milk or cream or half-and-half. If you using milk or cream or half and half, add it on the final stage at step 6.
Click here for more Soup Recipes.