We all know Soy chunk or the Meal maker is highly nutritious, and it comes from defatted soyabean flour, This wonder food has lots of health benefits, it serves as a excellent source of protein, vitamins, iron, calcium, and omega-3 fatty acids, all of which are very important for all age group, especially best for the growth of growing children. Soy chunk or meal maker is a soft fibrous vegetable globules resembling soft meat in texture.
Today I am sharing soya chunk masala curry, which just taste like a meat masala curry. It’s very simple yet tasty and very easy to cook that goes well with rice or with Indian breads. So, incorporate soya protein in your diet and stay fit and healthy..Enjoy!
Soya Chunk Masala /Meal Maker Masala Recipe
Soya Chunks (Nutrella or any other brand) : 1 packet (I used nutrela -200 g)
Onion : 1 big, (finely sliced)
Tomatoes : 2 medium (finely chopped)
Ginger-Garlic Paste : 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
Meat Masala : 3 tbsp
Oil : 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Cinnamon : 1 inch piece
Cloves : 4
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Whole Black Pepper : 5-7 (increase or decrease according to your tolerance)
1. Place the soya chunks in a bowl and fill it up with enough hot water so that the soya chunks are completely immersed. Leave it aside for 20-25 minutes. After soaking in water, the soya chunks would appear double in volume. Squeeze all the water from the soya chunks.
6. Add tomatoes, adjust the salt and cook till they turn soft and mushy.
7. Add the marinated soya chunks, mix well and 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook over low medium heat until it start to ooze out water.
8. Now remove the lid, combine well and cook until all the water evaporates.
9. Add the grounded spice powder, remaining 1 tbsp oil, fresh curry leaves, combine well and dry roast it in medium heat till browned up (Note : Stir in between to avoid burning and it takes 30-45 minutes approximately).
10. Once soya chunk masala have attained the dark brown color then remove from the fire.Garnish with coriander leaves.