All-Purpose flour : 11/2 cup
Whole Wheat Flour : 1/2 cup
Unsalted Butter : 1/4 cup (at room temperature)
Baking Powder : 1 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda : 1/2 tsp
Fresh firm Strawberries : 11/2 – 2 cups (chopped ) (Avoid using frozen strawberries, which would be too watery)
Salt : 1/2 tsp
Eggs : 2 ( at room temperature)
Almond Milk : 1/2 cup
Almond Extract : 1 tsp
How to make Strawberry Almond Muffins/Strawberry Muffins :
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or lightly butter or spray the muffin cups with a vegetable spray.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs one at a time and add vanilla extract.
6. Turn mixer speed to low and add flour mixture slowly until incorporated.
7. Add almond milk slowly and mix on low speed until just combined. Do not over mix batter (Note : If you feel you did it, just let it rest for about 15 minutes before moving on.)
8. Sprinkle the strawberries with a little bit of flour, no more than a teaspoon, just to coat them. Shake off excess flour. This step will prevent the strawberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
9. Fold in chopped strawberries (Note : Use only about 1 1/2 cups of chopped berries.) carefully into the muffin batter and pour batter into prepared muffin cups. (Note : At this point you can choose to sprinkle them with some sugar and 2 tbsp of sliced almonds to give an extra crunch and sweetness to them.)
11.Transfer the pan to a rack to cool for 5 minutes before removing each muffin and placing on a wire rack to cool. Serve and Enjoy!
Check here for more Muffins recipes.
Have a Good Day!