Wait wait…take a time out because, I have one more special holiday treat to share blossom “Cherry Cranberry Eggnog Tea Bread”.
We decided to travel this year. so I thought of posting my Christmas wishes and treat from my kitchen to you all in advance..
Merry Christmas everyone! We hope you all have a safe and joyous holiday!
Cherry, Cranberry Eggnog Tea Bread Recipe with Eggnog Glaze Recipe
Baking Time : 1 hour 20 minutes
Serves : 12 (one large loaf)
Marashino Cherries : 3/4 cup (chopped and well drained)
Dried Cranberry : 1/4 cup
Raisins : 1/4 cup
All-Purpose Flour : 2 1/4 cup
Baking Powder : 1 1/2 tsp
Ground Nutmeg : 1/2 tsp
Cardamom Powder : 1/2 tsp
Salt : 3/4 tsp
Granulated Sugar : 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar : 1/2 cup
Unsalted Butter : 3/4 cup (softened)
Eggs : 3
Eggnog : 1 cup
For Glaze :
Powdered Sugar : 1/2 cup
Eggnog : 3-4 tsp
Toasted Sliced Almonds : 1/4 cup
To Make Cherry Cranberry Eggnog Tea Bread :
1. Preheat oven to 325° C /165 ° F. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Chop the cherries and place it on a paper towel ; Pat dry.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, ground nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and salt, mix well and set it aside.
4. In a large bowl, using electric mixer or hand mixer; beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter on high until mixture is light and fluffy.
5. On the medium speed, add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended.
6. Add one third of the flour mixture, beating on low speed just until combined.
7. Beat in half of the eggnog.
8. Add the another one third of the flour mixture, the remaining eggnog, and then the remaining flour mixture, beating after each addition just until combined.
9. Gently stir cherries into batter; pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
10. Bake 1 hour 20 minutes or until the cake tester inserted in center comes out clean and top is golden brown.
11. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Loosen sides of the loaf; remove from the pan to cooling rack; cool completely.
To Make Eggnog Glaze :
1. Mix the powdered sugar and eggnog until smooth; drizzle half of the mixture over cooled loaf.
2. Sprinkle evenly with almond slices; drizzle remaining glaze over almonds.
Cut into slices using serrated knife and Enjoy!
- To make well in advance : Prepare bread as directed in steps 1 to 11. Wrap securely; freeze up to 1 month. When ready to serve, thaw bread at room temperature; unwrap. Prepare glaze and drizzle over bread as recipe directs.
- To Toast the almonds, place in small pan and heat over medium heat until light golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from the pan and cool completely.
Again, Wish you all a very Merry Christmas !