Do give a try, these simple and quick treat..Sure to impress any crowd. Enjoy !
Recipe for Chicken Asparagus Spirals
Preparation Time : 15 minutes + Thaw time : 40 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Makes : 30-40
Puff Pastry Sheets : 1 pkg (thawed) I have used Pepperidge Farm
Cream Cheese, seasoned as desired : 6 tsp (softened)
Deli Thin Sliced Chicken Breast or Thinly Sliced Deli Ham or Prosciutto : 8 slices or as needed
Asparagus Spears : 30 medium (washed/dried/trimmed)
Egg : 1 (lightly beaten)
Water : 1 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil.
3. Top each with 4 slices deli thin sliced chicken breast. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, Cut each into 15 strips crosswise, making 30 in all.
5. Tightly wrap a strip of pastry, chicken slices side in, around each piece of asparagus in a spiral manner. Place the pastries seam-side down onto to the prepared sheet pans, about 1/2″ apart.
6. Mix egg with water and brush between layers, then pinch or press together.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puff pastry is lightly golden brown; rotating the pans halfway through.
8. Let it cool until easy to handle, then serve and Enjoy !
- Make ahead; assemble and refrigerate, tightly wrapped, for up to one day then bake right from the refrigerator.
- For Non-Vegetarians version, just skip the meat part and proceed.
- For those who are not familiar with asparagus, buy the asparagus freshest you can find and get the fat stems over the thin. The trick for trimming asparagus, just bend the end of the stem; it will naturally snap where the fibrous bits end.
- Don’t try to unfold the pastry sheet that’s not completely thawed; unfolding it while it’s still frozen could tear the sheet.
- Try to keep pastry sheets from becoming too warm when working with it by only using your fingertips.
Click here for more Snacks Recipes
Happy Cooking !