So, instead, I decided to share it with you all today; I wanted to come up with a recipe that my girls and I could make together to impress both her friends and teachers and be enjoyed by the whole family.
Baking Time : 20 minutes + 10 mins for Preparing Frosting and Decorating
For the Chocolate Cupcake :
Hershey’s Cocoa : 3/4 cups
Baking Soda : 2 tsp
Baking Powder (Optional) : 1 tsp (This will make the cake rise just a little bit more than using the Baking Soda only)Eggs : 2 ( large eggs)
Salt : 1 tsp
Buttermilk : 1 cup
Vegetable Oil : 1 cup
Vanilla Extract : 1 1/2 tsp
Boiling Water : 1 cup
For the Cream Cheese Frosting :
Cream Cheese : 10 oz chilled
Unsalted butter : 6½ tbsp at room temperature
Confectioners’ sugar (sifted) : 3¼ cups
Vanilla Extract : 4 tsp
How to make Chocolate Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting :
To make Chocolate Cupcake :
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners and set aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients, except the cup of boiling water into a mixing bowl.
3. Mix at medium or medium high speed for a minute, now add 1 cup of boiling water and continue to mix until all ingredients are blended and smooth.
4. Pour the batter evenly between the prepared liners.
5. Bake it for 18-20 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If not bake it for an additional 5 minutes and then test again.
6. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and invert them onto wire rack and let it cool completely.
To Make Cream Cheese Frosting :
1. Combine the cream cheese and butter in the medium bowl.
2. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes with hand mixer or electric mixer.
3. Add in the confectioners’ sugar and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat 2-3 minutes more.Blend in the vanilla.
Frost cupcakes and decorate it further with sprinkles or your desired decoration. Serve and Enjoy!
Click here for more Valentine’s Day Recipes.
Happy Valentine’s Day!