My girls shared their love & thoughts as Mom – Magnificent, Overlooking, Marvelous and Dad – Dependable, Awesome, Delightful.. Isn’t that cool ? It’s priceless to us ! that made our day so special…what better a parents could hear from the kids 🙂
Back home in Kerala, this particular fish fry is also one popular dish served in
Toddy shops and it is referred as Shappile Podimeen Varathathu. Usually for this preparation we deep fry it; if you don’t wanna deep frying then shallow fry it or even bake till its dry.
Netholi/Nethili/Chooda /Podimeen Fry-Kallushap Style Netholi /Podimeen Varuthathu -Kerala Style Fried Anchovies
Serves : 4
Garlic : 4 cloves (minced)
Black peppercorns : 1/2 tsp (freshly crushed)
Coconut Oil as needed for frying
How to make Netholi – Nethili Meen Fry | Chooda – Podimeen Varuthathu | Kerala Style Fried Anchovies:
1. Clean and wash the fish with lime juice and salt and marinate the anchovies /netholi/chooda meen with all other ingredients listed above, except coconut oil and set it aside for 30 minutes.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan and deep fry fishes in batches over medium flame, until it is done. Drain on kitchen tissue and serve immediately..Enjoy!!
- Make sure you keep the heat at medium low, so that everything gets fried evenly.
- This is a very hot dish so increase or decrease chilli powder and pepper powder as per your tolerance. Optional – To bring down the heat, substitute red chilli powder with kashmiri chilli powder or paprika.
- If you wish you can add any other oil, using coconut oil gives authentic taste and flavor.
Related Posts :