Preparation Time :30 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
Serves : 4
Fish Fillets (can use any fleshy fish,I used Tilapia Fillets) :
To make paste:
Shallots /Red Small Onion :
Red Chilly Powder :
Coriander Powder :
Turmeric Powder :
Black Pepper Powder (freshly crushed) :
1/2 tsp or to your tolreance level
Ginger-Garlic paste :
Fresh Lemon Juice or Vinegar :
Olive Oi1 : 1 tsp
Curry Leaves (crushed) :
Salt to taste
How to make Spicy Baked Fish – Kerala Style | Baked Fish with Indian Spices:
1. Clean and pat dry the cleaned fish using a kitchen tissue.
2. Make a paste with all the ingredients listed above “To Make Paste” by adding a little water.
3. Apply the masala paste on the fish fillets one by one.
4. Keep the marinated fish pieces for 1/2 hour to 1 hour in refrigerator.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degree F /200 degree Celsius.
6. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray or brush lightly with some olive oil.
7. Place the fish fillets in a single layer an inch apart on the baking tray and bake uncovered for around 15 minutes.
8. Turn the fillets carefully and bake for another 15 minutes depending on how crisp you want your fish to be. If you want a nice crispy crust, broil it during the last 2 mins.
- Temperature setting and cooking time may vary depending on oven, so adjust the timing accordingly.
- Make sure the fish fillets are not thin or else it starts falling apart and also be careful not to bake it for too long or else it will become dry
- If you prefer broil then make sure you keep an eye on the fish, because it can easily burn the fish.