Today’s featuring Muringayila-Muringya Ila Thoran |Drumstick Leaves Thoran-Stir Fry!
Muringayila – Muringya Ila Thoran Recipe | Drumstick Leaves Thoran-Stir Fry Recipe
How to make Muringayila-Muringya Ila Thoran-Drumstick Leaves Thoran-Stir Fry Recipe :
3. Heat the oil in pan and splutter mustard seeds, followed by rice, add sliced shallots, crushed garlic, dry red chillies, curry leaves and saute for a few minutes.
5. Add the cleaned and dried drumstick leaves and mix everything and reduce the fire to medium-low, keep covered for a minute to wilt the drumstick leaves (Note : Don’t cover for long, since the steam will accumulate;which in turn end up in lumps).
6. Add salt and then sprinkle little water into it and cover it with a lid and cook for couple of minutes on low flame.
7. Spread out the drumstick leaves to the side of the pan and make a well in the middle, add the coconut mixture and combine everything together.
8. Uncover the pan and cook on low flame for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally till all the water evaporates, adjust the salt.
9. Stir fry carefully for another couple minutes so that all water evaporates and the drumstick leaves is not soggy.
10. Finally pour 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil over the thoran. Switch off the flame, and keep it at least 5 minutes before serving, so that the thoran absorbs all flavors….Serve with rice & Enjoy!
- This is very important,wash the drumstick leaves and spread it on a paper, at least hour before you use them, This is done to avoid lumps in your thoran /stir fry.
- The drumstick leaves will reduce to a smaller quantity when cooked.
- If you wish you can add any other oil, using coconut oil gives authentic and special flavor to the dish.