Chicken 65 – Restaurant style | Indian Style Fried Chicken Recipe
Preparation Time : 2 hrs
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Serves : 2 or 15-20 pieces
Recipe Source : Chef Kiran, Flavor Of India
Boneless Chicken Thighs or Breast: 1lb/12kg (Cut into small bite size pieces) ( Preferably tender chicken thigh part works best)
Garlic : 1 tsp (minced)
Freshly Grounded Black Powder : 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder : 3 tsp
Red Chilli Powder : 11/2tsp
Kashmiri Chilli Powder/Sweet Paprika : 1/2 tsp
Egg : 1(beaten)
Lemon Juice : 3 Tbsp
Red color : few drops (optional)
Salt to taste
Cumin Seeds : 1/4 tsp
Ginger : 1/2 inch (finely, chopped)
Garlic : 3 nos (finely, chopped)
Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
Green Chili : 2 nos (slit, lengthwise)
How to make Restaurant Style Chicken 65:
1. Cut the chicken into small one inch bite size pieces.
2. Marinate chicken with all ingridents listed above ‘To Marinate’ except the oil and leave it in the fridge for 2 hrs or overnight in the refrigerator.(Note : More marinating time the softer the chicken 65 will be.)
- Here I fried chicken along with the seasoning ingredients, because i had only one batch (10-12 pieces) to fry, but if you have more chicken pieces then fry the marinated chicken pieces in batches and then separately do the tempering and combine it with fried chicken like recipe mentioned above.
- Normally, the chicken 65 that is served in is restaurant is fiery red in color, that is because red color is added to it, but i don’t prefer adding color rather; I would add more Kashmiri chilli powder for the color and it’s always better to avoid the color and eat it with the natural color.
- To get juicy soft chicken 65 marinade overnight or atleast for 2 hours, else it would turn hard and rubbery.
- Tender chicken thigh part works best for chicken 65.