Pepper Paneer Recipe – Paneer Pepper Masala Recipe
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4-6
Paneer : 500 grms / 2 cups (cut into 1″ cube)
Onion : 1 big (sliced thinly)
Green Chillies : 2 (slit lengthwise)
Ginger : 1/2″ piece (crushed)
Garlic : 3-4 small (crushed)
Tomato Sauce or Tomato Ketchup : 1tbsp (or) Tomato : 1 small (add a tomato in a blender and make it to paste)
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves : for garnish(finely,chopped)
Salt to taste
To roast and grind the Spice Powder:
Fennel seeds : 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Cloves : 2
Star anise: 1
Cardamom Pods : 1
Cinnamon : 1/4″ stick
Bay Leaves : 1
(or) Substitute with store bought Garam Masala : 1/2 tsp
How to make Pepper Paneer – Paneer Pepper Masala :
1. Cut paneer into small size cubes. If you are using store bought paneer, then briefly soak them in salted hot water to make it soft and tasty. To do the above, heat 2 cups of water for couple of minutes and add a teaspoon of salt to the water and drop the paneer cubes for 2 minutes and drain the water and set it aside.
3. In a nonstick fry pan and heat oil and saute the sliced onions till they are golden brown. Add crushed ginger and garlic and green chillies and saute till the raw flavor disappears.
4. Add turmeric powder, grounded spice powder, half of crushed black pepper (leaving ½ behind for final sprinkling) and salt; saute it for couple of minutes.
- You may adjust the spiciness by increasing or cutting down amount of pepper powder.
- Using freshly ground pepper and garam masala enhance the authentic taste and flavor.