So today I made vegetable hakka noodles. Veg Hakka noodles also known as chowmien is one of the most well known Chinese dish and a famous street food and it’s also mostly liked by all the people around the globe. Lots of vegetables are tossed with boiled noodles and special Chinese flavored sauces are added. Follow the simple steps and make the restaurant style Chinese Cuisine in your own house.This is one of those things that I don’t think to make often, but everyone devours when it’s around. So let’s start with recipe…
Vegetable Hakka Noodles-Chowmein Recipe – Restaurant Style
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
Serves : 2-3
Veg Hakka Noodles : 1 packet
Ginger : 1 tsp (finely, chopped)
Carrots : 1/4 cup (finely and thinly sliced)
Cabbage : 3/4 cup (finely and thinly sliced)
Green Bell Pepper/Capsicum : 1/2 cup (finely and thinly sliced)
Spring Onion : 3 sprigs ( chop the green part and chop the white part separately)
Black Pepper Powder : 1 tsp
Asian Red Chilli Sauce : 1 tbsp
Green Chilli White Vinegar : 1 tsp
Salt to Taste
Olive Oil or Cooking Oil : 1 tbsp (preferably olive oil)
How to make Vegetable Hakka Noodles-Chowmein :
1. Cook the noodles according the instructions in the package. Make sure its not over cooked. Drain water and wash it immediately by running it under cold water to remove the excess starch.(Note : This stops the cooking process and prevents the noodles from getting too soft and soggy.) Add a tbsp of oil to the cooled noodles and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan on high heat; add ginger and add white part of the spring onion, now add the veggies one by one frying each for couple of minute.
3. Add the red chilly sauce,green chilli white vinegar, black pepper;taste and add the salt as needed.Give a quick stir.Add cooked noodles slowly into it and mix it thoroughly.
4. Now add the chopped green part of spring onion.Stir on high until all the vegetables get blended well with the noodles.Serve of its own or can be eaten with Gobi Manchurian. Enjoy!
- Normally, the hakka noodles that is served in is restaurant have ajinomoto added to it,if you wish you can add, but i don’t prefer adding it because it’s not advisable for health,so always better avoid it.
- In restaurants they toss the veggies in such a way that it catches fire.This gives the smoky flavor.So if you are able to do it, then that great or always fry in high flame.
- You can add white pepper instead of black pepper.
Related posts :
Schezuan -Szechuan Vegetable Noodles