Happy New Year Everyone! Hope you all had a great time ringing in 2014.We certainly did and had a blast with our friends. Well, let’s kick-start 2014’s first post with Chicken Fried Rice.
Every one have their own method of making chicken fried rice. I adapted this recipe from Busy Mom’s Cookbook and I made a few simple tweaks to adjust my family taste buds. I receive amazing feedback each time I prepare and share it with family and friends. I hope you get to try it too! Enjoy!
Other Fried Rice recipe You Might Also Like :
How to make Chicken Fried Rice Recipe – Indo-Chinese Style
- Basmati Rice /Long Grain Rice : 2 cups (see notes)
- Water : 4 cups
- Boneless Chicken Breast pieces : 2 (chopped into tiny pieces)
- Eggs (beaten) : 2
- Corn Flour : ¼ tsp
- Green chillies :1 or 2 (adjust as per spice tolerance)
- Carrot : 1 (small, cut into long thin strips)
- Green Capsicum/Bell Pepper : ½ (cut into long thin strips)
- French Beans : 3 to 4 (finely chopped)
- Shallots/Small/Pearl Onion : 6 to 7 (finely chopped)
- Spring Onion : 7 ( Chop the base white part of spring onion and the green part separately)
- Garlic : 2 cloves (coarsely crushed)
- Soy Sauce : ½ tsp
- Green Chilli Sauce : ½ tsp
- Chilli Garlic Sauce : 1½ tsp
- Sugar : ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- Clean and soak the rice for about 20 minutes. Drain the water and boil the rice with water and a pinch of salt and cook until almost done. Rice gets cooked in its own steam when left covered. So it is best to leave it slightly uncooked. When the rice is cooked, drain the water, add some cold water to it. Again drain it and keep aside. (Note : Do not overcook it. Best using leftover rice, or day old rice(or) steam and cook the rice two hours before you cook fried rice)
- To the chicken pieces, add few drops of egg, crushed pepper powder,corn flour and salt, combine everything well and shallow fry them in olive oil.
- Into the same wok/pan, add beaten egg into it; scramble it and keep aside.
- Add some more olive oil or vegetable oil to same pan/wok and saute green chilies till color changes.(Note: By doing this gives you aromatic infused chilli oil which helps enhance the flavor of the dish.)
- Add crushed garlic, finely sliced shallots and chopped white part of spring onions and saute till onions turn transparent.
- Add the sliced veggies( beans,carrot,and capsicum)in order one by one,frying each for a minute.(Note : Don't over fry the veggies,retain its color and crunchiness.)
- Now lower the fire and add all the sauces and saute till a high steam comes. (Note : Saute gently to avoid breaking the rice) When the high steam appears, add the shallow fried chicken pieces and stir well for a minute.
- Now add cooked cooled rice and stir fry for a few minutes. Add sugar and add fried/scrambled egg; combine well.
- Finally, garnish with chopped spring onion greens(green part), switch off flame and serve hot and Enjoy!
Be careful while adding salt because the sauces has salt in it too.
Secret to good results in fried rice is using leftover rice, or day old rice.
I suggest using leftover rice or day old rice (or) steam and cook the rice two hours before you cook fried rice. Using leftover rice prevents the rice from sticking or becoming soggy.
Be generous in adding olive oil.You can add other veggies and meat into the dish too.
Hope you all will enjoy making this Chicken Fried Rice! Don’t forget to let me know your opinion if you try.
Catch you all with more yummy updates!
Like this Recipe? Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.RECOMMENDED RECIPES!