Saying hello after soooooooo long with easy Shrimp Broccoli Creamy Penne Pasta. How are you all?
I can’t believe I haven’t posted on here for almost 5 months! Hope everyone is doing good. Nothing wrong here, I have been unbelievably busy with my work and having lethargic lazy summer days :)… fun, bbq, trips, are in the menu, I can’t complain much though…you just need to take the time to enjoy the moment when you can…Isn’t it? but yes I know I ignored updating, which is really bad.:( I promise you all that from now onwards I will try my level best to update on regular basis, Thanks to everyone who kept this site alive with your valuable feedback in my absence! Much appreciated!
Other Noodle & Pasta Recipes You Might Also Like :
How to Make Shrimp Broccoli Creamy Penne Pasta :
- Uncooked Pasta (I used Penne, you can use any kind of pasta) : 3 cups
- Shrimp/Prawns : 1 lb (peeled and deveined)
- Fresh Broccoli florest : 2 cups
- Garlic cloves : 3 (minced)
- Onion : ¼ (chopped)
- Olive oil : 2 tbsp
- Chicken broth : ½ cup
- Fat-free or Low-fat Cream Cheese : ½ cup
- Dried Basil : ½ tspParmesan cheese : ¼ cup
- Lemon juice : ½ tsp
- Freshly grounded Whole Black Pepper : ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to package (Or) Bring water to boil in a big pot filled to its half and add salt,and pasta. Cook over medium flame for 10-15 mins until al dente(cooked and tender).Make sure its not over cooked. Drain water and wash it immediately by running it under cold water to remove the excess starch.(Note : This stops the cooking process and prevents the pasta from getting soggy.) Add a tsp of olive oil to the cooled pasta and keep aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil; sauté garlic and onion saute until tender.
- Add shrimp to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and done.
- Add broth and broccoli florets and cook for a minute now add cream cheese, stirring until combined, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta and add dried basil; toss to coat. Cook for a minutes or so.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.Serve immediately and enjoy!
Try this easy peasy Shrimp-Prawns Broccoli Creamy Penne Pasta that’s simple, flavorful and incredibly hearty and let me know your opinion…Enjoy!
Like this Recipe? Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.RECOMMENDED RECIPES!