Onam special recipe Mambazha Pachadi-Mango Pachadi – Kerala Style!
Yes, yet another Onam (Kerala’s own harvest festival) getting ready behind the curtains. I guess you all are set for welcoming this onam with joy and enthusiasm.
I can see a lot of searches for ‘Onasadya‘ recipes on this humble blog. So here you go yet another delicious, simple sadya recipe ‘Mambazha-Mango Pachadi’ for you to try.There are hundreds of versions available, this is how my mom makes. I’m happy to share with you all, one more recipe, handed over by my mom. On to the recipe…
Other Recipes You Might Like :
How to make Mambazha Pachadi-Mango Pachadi – Onam Sadya Special :
- Nadan Mambazha / Ripe Mango :1 big or small mangoes 2 nos ,neither too sour nor too ripe)
- Red Chilly Powder :1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : ¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut :1/2 cup
- Cumin/Jeera :1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds :1/2 tsp
- Green Chilly :1-2
- Jaggery : a gooseberry size ball(grated)
- Dry red chillies : 2-3
- Coconut oil : 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves :1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Cut the mango into medium cube pieces and cook it with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt.
- Meanwhile grind the coconut thoroughly with cumin and ¼ tsp mustard seeds.
- Add this ground paste to the cooked mango and mix well.
- Add grated jaggery and mix again thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves.Pour the seasoning to the curry and serve hot...Enjoy!
Hope you will try this Mambazha-Mango Pachadi and Enjoy!…don’t forget to give me a feedback though!
Like this Recipe? Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.