Hope you all had a wonderful Onam! I very much enjoyed mine with my family and friends! Today I am with a wonderful easy and simple One Pot Chicken Stir Fry that taste heavenly.
When I was thinking for a quick chicken recipe, I always make Easy Masala Chicken Fry/Kozhi Masala Varattiyathu which family loves it very much…for change last time when I prepared chicken, I tried one pot chicken fry which I saw long back ago in Ria’s blog and it turned out well.
How to make Easy One pot Chicken Fry – One pot Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- For Marination:
- Chicken with bones or Boneless skinless Chicken Thigh : 2.2 lb /1 kg (Cut into small pieces)
- Turmeric powder : ¾ tsp
- Red chili powder : 1½ tbsp
- Ginger : 1 tbsp ( minced)
- Garlic : 1 tbsp (minced)
- Dark Soya Sauce : ¼ cup ( Can use regular soya sauce too)
- Salt to taste
- Red Onion : 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato : 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves : 2 sprigs
- Coconut oil : tsp
- Freshly grounded Black Pepper Powder : as required
- In a pan /pressure cooker,combine together all the ingredients listed under 'For Marination'. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook until chicken turns tender. Stir in between to avoid burning. If your cooking in pressure cooker; cook it for 1 whistle and switch off the heat and allow the pressure to settle down.
- Open the lid and if there is water in it, cook it on high heat for another couple minutes so that all water evaporates.
- Now add onion, tomato,curry leaves and coconut oil. Mix well and fry it till the masala dries up and the chicken pieces is coated well with masala. Add black pepper powder and stir well.
- Once the chicken have attained the dark brown color then remove from the fire.
- Tasty easy one pot chicken stir fry is ready to serve. Serve as a side dish for Rice or with Chapathi/Roti or with any Indian Bread. Enjoy !
I hope you will love this easy one pot chicken stir fry and tell me your opinion if you try it. Enjoy!
Like this Recipe? Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.RECOMMENDED RECIPES!