How about Masala Pasta – Indian Style Pasta?
Remember the song Oh My God It’s a weekend…Hand’s up for the weekend! 🙂 Well, I’m really looking forward to nice, weekend! How about you guys? Any plans for this weekend? Here lots of exciting things lined up 🙂
Coming to the recipe…What is your favourite pasta? Have you ever tried Masala Pasta Indian Style ?
As you all know pasta is a simple preparation that needs only minutes to make. Start to finish it takes only less than 15 mins and of-course you should have your pasta cooked before. I usually prepare either tomato basil pesto pasta or avocado sauce pasta. But today I’m sharing mix of western style pasta with an Indian spice blend.
It’s very flavorful and easy to make recipe with great taste and I’m sure it definitely would suit any Indian taste buds.You can use any pasta variety you like such as fussili(the spiral), rotini, farfelle(bow),macaroni or even spaghetti or other pasta of your choice. I serve this as brunch, dinner and as well for lunch box.
- Any variety Pasta or Spaghetti : 4 cups
- Onion : 1 big (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies : 2 (chopped)
- Tomato : 1 big (blanched and pureed
- Carrot : 1 (finely chopped)
- Any colored Bell Pepper/Capsicum : 1 (finely chopped) or any vegetables finely chopped as per your choice 3-4
- Garlic : 3-4 cloves (finely chopped)
- ketchup : 4 tbsp
- Honey or Sugar : ¼ tsp (optional)
- Cumin Seeds : ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder : 1½ tsp or as per tolerance level
- Garam masala : ½ tsp
- Black Pepper powder : ¼ tsp
- Italian Mixed Herbs or Oregano : 1 tsp
- Cilantro/ Coriander leaves : 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves : few
- Olive Oil : 4 tbsp
- Lemon Juice : ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to package (Or) Bring water to boil in a big pot filled to its half and add salt,and pasta. Cook over medium flame for 10-15 mins until al dente(cooked and tender).Make sure it's not over cooked. Drain and reserve ½ cup of water/pasta stock for later usage and then rinse the pasta immediately by running it under cold water to remove the excess starch.(Note : This stops the cooking process and prevents the pasta from getting soggy.) Add a tsp of olive oil to the cooled pasta and keep aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, splutter cumin seeds, sauté garlic and onion sauté until they turn to pinkish color and soft.tender. Add curry leaves.
- Add finely chopped carrots and other veggies and saute for 5-6 mins and then finely add chopped capsicum; saute it for a minute.
- Now add pureed tomato, tomato sauce or ketchep, honey or sugar if using, garam masala powder, red chili powder and mix well and saute until the oil separates.
- If required add ¼ cup of reserved pasta stock liquid to get a medium sauce consistency.
- Stir in cooked pasta and add Italian herbs, chopped coriander ; toss to coat. Adjust the salt and cook for a minutes or so.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle lemon juice. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can use vegetables of your choice.
If you are preparing it for kids adjust the spicyness accordingly and even you can skip adding green chillies.
Like this Recipe? Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.