Prawns : 1/2 kg/1.1 lb
Onions : 2 medium (finely chopped)
Tomatoes : 3 medium (finely chopped)
Cinnamon Sticks /Karuga Patta : 1 inch piece
Cardamom /Elakka : 2 pods
Cloves /Gramboo : 2
Green Chillies : 2-3 (finely chopped)
Ginger- Garlic Paste : 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder : 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder : 1tsp
Tomato :1 tbsp
Hot Water : 2 cups
Cilantro /Coriander Leaves : for garnish
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Wash & clean the prawns and keep it aside
2. Heat a oil large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add cinnamon sticks,cardamom pods cloves and sauté for few seconds.
3. Add chopped onions,green chillies, sauté until the onions are a light golden brown in color and now add ginger,garlic paste, sauté for few minutes till raw smell goes.
4. Add all the spice powders except cumin powder and fry for 2-3 minutes over a low heat.
5. Finely add the chopped tomatoes followed by cumin powder and saute for a minute.
6. Add a cup of water and keep stirring until the water is absorbed. lower the fire cover & cook for 10-15 minutes or until the oil separates from the sides.
7. Now add the prawns,turn the heat back up to high, add salt and cover and cook until the prawns are cooked.
8. When they prawns are done, garnish with finely chopped coriander.
9. Serve with Rice or Chapati and enjoy!