Chicken boneless breasts : 2
Corn Tortillas : 12-24 nos
Shredded Cheddar Cheese : 1cup (or a shredded blend)
Tomatoes : 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Cumin powder : 1 tsp
Chili powder : 2 tbsp
Garlic : 2 cloves or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Onion : 1 medium (finely chopped)
Bell peppers/Capsicum : 1 medium (any color)(diced)
Cooking oil your choice : 2 tbsp
Chicken broth : 1 cup
Salt to taste
Non-stick cooking spray
Method of Preparation :
1. In a wide pan; add chicken breasts,salt with water and bring to boil,
2. Cover the pan and cook over medium low heat for an hour,drain and save the broth.Set chicken aside to cool, when cooled, chop the chicken into small pieces.
3. In same pot add oil sauté`chopped onion and diced bell peppers,Cook on low heat till lightly sautéed.
4. Add chopped chicken and cook for 4-5minutes.
5. In blender add tomatoes,chili powder,garlic,cumin and grind it.
6. Pour mixture in pan along with 2 cups of broth and bring to boil.
7. Cover and cook on low heat about 15 20 minutes, adjust salt to taste.
8. Heat oil in skillet, cook corn tortillas one at a time in hot oil until soft about 5-10 seconds and drain.
9. Strain liquid,stuff 1 tbsp of the chicken meat in center of each tortilla and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
10. Roll the tortilla around the chicken filling into flute shape. Use a toothpicks to hold the tortilla in shape.
11. Place all rolled tortillas in a baking dish, spray all over with cooking spray and lightly salt
12. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and bake at for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.(Turn over halfway through the heating time).
13. Remove the toothpicks and serve taquitos with salsa,and sour cream.
- Even you can deep fry the chicken taquitos; fry approximately 2-3 minutes or until tortilla holds its shape.
- To freeze : Prepare taquitos as directed. Allow to cool and place on a baking sheet. Freeze until firm and then transfer to a freezer bag.
- To serve : Microwave to thaw and reheat.
Click here for more Chicken recipes