Raw Rice /Pachari :1½ cups
Urad Dal/Black Gram split /Uzhnnuparippu :½ cup
Methi/Fenugreek Seeds /Uluva : 1 tsp
Palak/Spinach /Cheera : 1 Bunches
Coriander leaves /Malli ella : 1/2 bunch
Green Chilies /Pachamulaku : 2 nos
Oil for roasting
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Soak rice, urad Dal, methi,in water for 4 hours.
2. Grind them together to a batter and leave it for 8 hours to ferment.
3. Clean and wash palak and coriander leaves.
4. Chop the palak/spinach, green chilies, coriander leaves(or you can also grind and make paste, but i pefer chopped palak).
5.Add freshly chopped (raw) spinach/palak or palak paste and salt to the batter and mix well.
6. Heat a griddle and pour a ladleful of batter and spread it in a circular shape.
7. Sprinkle oil and roast on both sides. Serve hot with any mildly hot chutney, curd or just like that and enjoy!