Raw Plantain : 2 nos (diced)
Bread : 2 slices
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Dried red chilly : 4-5 nos
Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
Garlic : 5
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
Oil : 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation :
1. Cut the raw plantain and bread into cubes.
2. Boil the raw plantain with turmeric powder in little water, cook till raw plantain is half boiled (Note : Do not over cook), transfer to bowl and keep it aside.
3. Grind dried red chilli, fennel seeds and garlic to smooth paste.
4. Heat a pan, pour oil when its hot, add bread pieces and fry till golden brown & crisp,remove and set it aside.
5. Now in the same pan, if needed pour some oil and add the half boiled raw plantain fry well.
6. In another kadai or pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds,When its starts to pop add curry leaves and the grounded red chilli paste; saute it for 2-3minute or till the raw smell goes. (Note : Do not burn it)
7. Add fried raw plantain, fried breads and combine well. (Note : Mix gently or the bread and raw plantain will get smashed).
8. Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot with any kind of Indian bread and Enjoy!