Coconut Milk Vegetable Pulao Recipe – Microwave Version
Basmati Rice : 1 cup
Coconut Milk : 1cup
Beans : 1/4 cup (chopped)
Carrot: : 1/4 cup (chopped)
Capsicum : 1/4 cup (diced)
Green Chillies : 4-5 or to your spice level (slit in middle)
Potato : 1/4 cup (diced)
Cinnamon Stick : 1″piece
Cloves : 2 nos
Cardamom : 2 pods
Cashew nut : 10-15 nos
Coriander leaves : few (chopped)
Oil/Ghee : 1 tbsp
Water : 1 cups
Salt to taste
How to make Coconut Milk Vegetable Pulao :
1. Wash and soak the basmati rice for 20-30 minutes.
2. In a microwave-safe dish,add oil/ghee,cardamom,cinnamon stick,and cloves,mix well; uncover the dish and microwave it for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chopped carrots,beans,diced capsicums,potato,green chillies and little salt, mix well and microwave for another 8 mins, uncovered.
4. Add coconut milk and 1 cups water,mix well,add salt to taste; uncover the dish and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally; Stir once after 5 minutes. (Note: Cooking time may vary depending on microwave so adjust the timing accordingly.)
5. Let the rice stand for a 5 minutes, fluff it up with a fork.
6. Fry the cashewnut in ghee and garnish to vegetable pulao. Serve hot with raita or pickle and Enjoy!
For more Microwave Recipes.