Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Egg Noodles : 1/2 cup
Shredded Cooked Chicken : 1 1/2 cups
Onion : 1 medium, (chopped)
Garlic : 3 cloves (minced)
Carrots : 1 medium (cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices)
Bay leaf : 1
Chicken Stock : 2-3 cups
Cold Water : 1 cup or as needed
Olive Oil /Butter : 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper : as needed
How to make Chicken Noodle Soup :
1. Heat the oilve oil or butter in the saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, sliced carrots and bay leaf. Cook and stir for about 5-6 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not browned.
3. Pour the chicken stock and add enough cold water to cover the ingredients and bring to a boil.
4. Add the egg noodles and simmer for 5 minutes until tender.
5. Add in the shredded cooked chicken, and continue to simmer for another couple of minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper and Serve hot.
The soup can be prepared up to couple of days ahead, cooled, covered, and refrigerated.
Check here for more Soup recipes.