I am glad to be back after a long break 🙂 Sorry,could not inform in advance. I was in a vacation and was travelling a lot, didn’t get enough time to update. Thanks a ton to all for asking me about my absence…it really meant a lot to me. Thanks again to all of you for your valuable support and co-operation during the period.
Rainbow Cup Cake Recipe :
Makes 10 cup Cakes
(Recipe Source : Bakingbites)
All purpose flour : 1 cup
Baking powder : 1 1/2 tsp
Salt : 1/4 tsp
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Eggs : 2 large
Vegetable oil : 1/2 cup
Buttermilk : 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract : 1 tsp
Food colorings : red, yellow, green and blue
How to make Rainbow Cupcake :
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F/180 degree C and grease 10 cups from a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper cups.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
4. Pour in dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Divide batter evenly into 5 small bowls; each should have approx 6 tbsp or so for each.
6. Add about 1/2 tsp food coloring to each bowl to make red, orange, yellow, green and blue batters. Stir well, so no streaks of plain batter remain. (Note: Add additional food coloring if necessary).
7. Starting with the blue batter, add a 1/2 tbsp to each of the 10 grease muffin cups.
8. Repeat with all remaining colors,(from green to yellow to orange to red), adding each subsequent spoonful on top of the previous color. (Note: Do not attempt to spread the layers of color out (as it can cause layers to combined), but allow them to spread on their own.
9. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack.