Colorful, Simple yet oh so delicious Kadai Paneer!
Kadai Paneer Recipe – Indian Cottage Cheese with Capsicum (aka) Bell Pepper
Prepration Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 4
Paneer : 250 grams /1 cup (diced)
Red,Yellow and Green Capsicums/Bell peppers : 1/2 cup (diced)
Onion : 1 no (medium, diced)
Tomato : 1 (medium, diced)
Green Chillies : 2-3 nos (slitted)
Tomato Puree or Tomato paste: 1/4 cup
Ginger-Garlic Paste : 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds/Jeera : 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder : 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp or as per your spice tolerance
Garam Masala ; 1/2 tsp
Kasoori Methi (Dried fenugreek leaves) : 1 tsp
Asafetida : a pinch
Ginger : 1″ piece (julienned)
Corainder Leaves : few (chopped)
Ghee or Butter or Oil : 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
How to make Kadai Paneer – Dry Version :
1. Cut the paneer and bell peppers into small cubes.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the paneer cubes and shallow fry them till it starts to turn into light golden brown color,remove from the fire.If you are using store bought paneer, then briefly soak them in salted hot water to make it soft and tasty. To do the above, heat 2 cups of water for couple of minutes and add a teaspoon of salt to the water and drop the paneer cubes for 2 minutes and drain the water and set it aside.
3. In the same pan, add ghee splutter cumin seeds, add ginger garlic paste. Then to this add cubed onions, bell pepper and saute them for few mins.
4. Now add the tomato puree or tomato paste (for add a tomato in a blender and make it to paste and add in the gravy) let it cook for 5 mins. When raw smell is gone and color startst to turn dark brown add the cubed tomatoes and mix it well.
5. Now add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala, asafetida and salt. Allow it to cook for couple of mintues.
6. Add fried paneer and combine well. Finally crush the kasoori methi/dry fenugreek-methi leaves and mix everything well together. Garnish with julined Remove from the fire.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and julieenefd ginger. Serve hot with chapati or with paratta or any roti varities, etc…Enjoy!
Check here for other Paneer Recipes