Ada Pradhaman is made of flakes of cooked rice, coconut milk and jagerry. Try it and I am sure you will like it. To know more about Kerala Sadya click here
Recipe for Ada Pradhaman /Cooked Rice Flakes with Coconut Milk & Jagerry /Kerala Ada Pradhaman
Rice flour /Unakkalari podi : 1 cup
Water : 1/4 cup (may be less or more depending on the rice flour)
Coconut Oil : 2 tbsp
Salt a pinch
Jaggery /Sharkkara : 400 grms /1 cup (melted & filtered)
Semi Thick Coconut milk – 2nd extract /Randaampal : 1 cup
Thick Coconut milk – 1st extract /Onnampaal : 1/2 cup
Cashew nuts : few
Coconut pieces : few (cut in to small pieces)
Dried ginger powder : 1/2 tsp
Method of Preparation :
1. In a bowl,add the rice flour using water and coconut oil make a soft dough and cover it.
2. Clean and wipe the plantain leaf pieces and spread the oil on the back side of the leaves.
3. Make small balls out of the rice flour dough and spread it as thin as possible.
4. Then start drawing cris cross lines with help of toothpick like grill marks,only smaller cubes.
12. Add the 3rd thin milk /monnampal mix well and cook till it becomes thick.
13. Add the 2nd semi thick milk/randaampal and stir well until it become thick again.
14. Add the 1st thick milk/thanipaal and stir well. Do not boil.
- If you feel ur pradhaman to be too thick u can dilute it by adding more thick coconut milk.
How to make coconut milk :
Take a 1 1/2 fresh coconut, grate it finely. In a blender or food processor, add the grated coconut with1 cup of hot water and process for a minute, then squeeze it for milk. This gives you 1cup thick milk.
Return coconut to processor and add 2 cup hot water and process for couple of minutes and squeeze it for milk in separate bowl. This gives you 1cup thin milk.
Buy 1 (400ml) can of thick coconut milk, shake well and pour 1/2 contents in a bowl and mix with 1 cup er (i.e. same quantity of water). Remaining milk in can is thick milk.
Mix 25 g instant coconut milk powder with 200 ml water for thin coconut milk.
Mix 25 g instant coconut milk powder with 100 ml water for thick coconut milk.