Idichakka Thoran Recipe – Idinchakka Thoran Recipe – Tender Jack Fruit Stir Fry Recipe
Tender Jack fruit /Idichakka : 1 small / 1 can which is available in most Indian grocery stores
Ginger : 1 small piece
Garlic : 2 pods
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies : 2-3
Small onion /Shallots : 4-5
1. Cut the jackfruit in to small pieces and de-skin them, remove the stem, top portion of the tender jackfruit.(Note: if it is too hard and wash the pieces with salt.) (or) if your using canned jack fruit then drain the water and rinse the pieces in running water.
2. Pressure cook the cleaned jackfruit with little water, salt and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder for 1-2 whistle or cook covered in a pan till soft. (Note : Do not overcook the pieces), when it is done remove from fire,drain it and allow it to cool.
7. Now add the coconut jackfruit mix and saute them in medium heat.
8. Cover and cook for couple of minutes in low flame, finally add fresh curry leaves and 1 tsp of coconut oil and saute for a minute, adjust the salt and remove from the fire.
9. Serve with hot steamed rice or kanji and Enjoy!
- The traditional recipes made in the Southern parts of Kerala do not use garlic, but i have used as it is good for digestion.